Saturday, July 20, 2013

Ramblings About Riggs

I feel like I have updated alot about Harpin lately and have neglected what my growing 2 year old is up to! 
  • He adds 'ie' onto the end of EVERYTHING that it can be added to and its usually in a whining voice.  ex=> "I need my shortsies,"  "Where's my snackie?" "Put on my shoesies!"  It's hilarious and annoying all at the same time;).
  • The questions have started already and the main one is, "What you doin' Mama?" and I will tell him and then he asks again and is not satisfied until I answer again and again.
  • He LOVES to wear our shoes, from flip flops to high heels.
  • Every morning we are both up while daddy is getting ready for work.  He will be all snuggled up on the couch and the second he hears Andrew's cereal hit the bowl he pops up and runs in there saying, "have daddy's cereal!"  (there's something about the way he says cereal that is too cute).
  • Nine times out of ten the first thing he says to me in the mornings after he calls me in there to get him out of his bed is, "Wanna watch a show Mama?"
  • A few days ago instead of the normal call for "MAMA" when he wakes up from his nap, I heard him yell, "Mama, poo poo in da potty!" (and he did...he's doing well with potty training).
  • While I was getting ready yesterday he picked up the hand held mirror under my sink, looked at himself and said, "I handsome!"  Yes, you are sweet boy!
  • I often tell him that he is too big to whine (the whining..oh the whining!).  But, I think it may have backfired on me as several times I have asked for a hug or kiss and he says, "I too big" and once when I told him I would spank him, this was his response.  NO, my son, you are NEVER TOO BIG for either!
  • We were in the car the other day and he wanted some crackers I was eating and I told him no because he already had a snack.  He whined and whined for the crackers and then I guess he would try another way to get what he wanted and he yelled, "Gimme dat cracka!"  Hilarious.
  • Since we have gotten our double jogging stroller when we wake up in the mornings he says, "Go for run/walk Mama?"
  • He loves to play hide and seek and says, "You hide, I count"
  • He loves any show or movie with animals and is not a fan of much else.
  • He is still the worst eater and meals consist of chicken nuggets, veggie burgers, veggie corn dogs, shrimp, cheese, yogurt and any fruit.  It's nearly impossible to get him to eat anything green!
  • He sleeps from about 8pm to 6am and naps from around 1-4 everyday.

Riggs,  I can't believe how quickly you have changed from a baby to boy! You bring us SO MUCH JOY!











No comments: