I finally gave in to see what all the talk was about the Hunger Games and read the 1st book this week! Looking forward to seeing the movie now. It's funny because looking back now I wouldn't say that it was a GREAT book, but it does hook you enough to keep you reading!
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Sunday, March 18, 2012
Thursday, March 15, 2012
Monday, March 12, 2012
- Are we truly serving the Lord in our home? (Joshua 24:15)
- What does this look like for us right now?
- What do we want this to look like as our children grow up?
I am learning that time passes in the blink of an eye and I don't want to look back in 15 years and my children are already teenagers and realize that there were some vital things that I missed teaching them because I was not prepared or did not realize the importance of them at the time. I want to really serve the Lord in our home...I think that this will take constant reevaluation as Riggs grows and as we have more children.
Right now serving Him looks differently than it will in even, say, 2 years. What are we doing now to serve Him? Praying for, visiting and spending time with our neighbors is the biggy for us now. What an opportunity we have been given. I could go on and on about what I learned, but those ?'s are on my mind and heart and I think when A comes home tonight we may just have a sit down talk:)
What you are up to:
- You looked great at your 12 month check up. You are 20lbs 9 0z (38%) and 31 inches long (89%)
- You are not walking yet but you love to hold our hands and take off.
- You are in size 12-18 months clothing and size 3 diapers.
- You are doing a little bit better with table food but are still really particular about texture. Some new things that you like are grapes and strawberries. You let us know quickly when you don't like something and spit it out!
- You are a great sleeper! The minute you see your lovie at night your thumb goes straight in your mouth...I hope this isn't a problem one day.
- You like to point at things.
- Your first word, althought not pronunciated clearly is DOG. You point and say "da" and follow Sadie around the house.
- You are cutting your 6th tooth right now.