On another note...this same day last year (our 4th anniversary) was the day that we went to my first doctors appointment and saw his little heartbeat for the first time and found out I was only 6 weeks pregnant! What an anniversary gift!
Friday, July 29, 2011
Saturday, July 23, 2011
Andrew asked what I have learned about him over the past five years that I didn't know going into marriage?!?! LOADED question! So I tried to list the first positive thing that came to my mind:) and that would be what a GREAT DADDY he is! He is so attentive and willing to do whatever. He longs to be with Riggs when he is gone and is always quick to keep him for me to go to the gym or grocery shopping or whatever! I asked the same question and got a little bit of a different answer (could have been taken positively or negatively). He said he didn't realize how protective I was going to be as a mother. He didn't say OVER protective, just protective in how I take care of Riggs:) and also how patient I am with him. Which I am surprised by in myself as well, as I usually am the impatient one of the two of us but I think my impatience just comes with actually waiting on things, not with my sweet sweet son. All that to say five years has flown by and I'm sure the next five will as well. I can't wait to see what our future holds and what the Lord has in store for us.
Friday, July 22, 2011
Saturday, July 16, 2011
Thursday, July 14, 2011
- You are our little string bean, you weighed 14 lbs 7 oz (33 percentile) and are 261/2 inches long (90th percentile).
- You are still in size 2 diapers.
- Wearing 6-9 month clothes.
- You are still nursing every 4 hours during the day and sleeping through the night from about 8:30pm to 7 am.
- We are going to start you on rice cereal this week! Can't wait to see if you like it!
- You found your feet and it's so cute to see you stare at them in amazement and play.
- We got you an excersaucer and you are enjoying having a new toy!
- You are finally on somewhat of a schedule and will stay awake for 2 hrs after nursing and then nap for 2 hrs...I am so thankful for this.
- You are enjoying bath time more and more and like to splash all over.
- We are thankful that daddy and Grana are still able to keep you so that you don't have to go to day care just yet.
- You love your fingers but still have a hard time getting just the two you want in your mouth...so cute to watch!
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Monday, July 11, 2011
We have been going to a new Sunday school class, not because we didn't LOVE our previous class, because we DO, but because it's time for a change for us and this class seems to be where the Lord wants us right now. The first week we visited we found out that they would be studying through the book of Jeremiah! I was immediately excited because alot of the time, on my own especially, I am intimidated by the old testament and honestly probably try to avoid it. All that to say, this past Sunday was no exception and was a great lesson and very applicable to my life right now.
In Jeremiah 18, Jeremiah is commanded by God to go to the potters house and he is told that there is where the Lord will give him a message. I could share all the points with you but I will try to minimize it and just post what spoke to me where I am right now! But first, let me write out what each thing stands for...
The Clay - that's us
The Potter - that's our Heavenly Father
The Wheel - Our circumstances
The Vessel - What is being made, shaped, or formed
Okay, Okay so I can't list just one point but I will try to make it short! I just want to be able to look back on this for encouragement and hope that maybe it will encourage someone else too!
- The wheel is NEVER out of control of the potters hand.
- To curse the wheel is to curse the potter.
- ALL my circumstances are filtered through the sovereign hand of my potter.
- The potter never abandons the clay. Jer. 18:4 "But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him."
Those are just a few points that were great for me to hear and be reminded of but this next one is where I am right now and how God is reminding me and teaching me!
*** THE VESSEL RESIDES IN THE MIND OF THE POTTER.
What does that mean?
- Any action/plan/circumstance is in His mind LONG before it is made, changed or an event or circumstance even happens. Just as the potter knows what kind of pot, or vessel he is going to throw.
- His actions as potter are ALWAYS consistent with His nature!
- He doesn't play games at the wheel, He is CONSISTENT, regardeless of my actions.
Why is this important to me right now? If you look back a few posts about what is coming in this next year for us you will see that I already have some worries and slight anxiety about where we will be and what God has in store for our family! This is such a simple truth that I know I have always been taught, but it is a totally different ball game when it comes time to trust what you say you believe and live that out on a daily basis. HE IS FAITHFUL! Long before now he knew that Andrew and I would marry, live in Statesboro and now Kennesaw, that we would have a baby boy and that Andrew would STILL be in school:) and so many other small, minute details! It is His plan and as the potter, he knows what kind of beautiful vessel he is trying to make out of us on this wheel called life and in the circumstances that are leading up to this next year! There are so many promises that he gives us to hope in and this is a GREAT truth for me to cling to and trust in on a daily basis as I long to be clay in the potters hand!