Saturday, July 23, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

Andrew and I will celebrate five years of marriage on the 29th of July! I can't believe that we have been dating and married almost ELEVEN YEARS! CRAZY!
My mom came and kept Riggs on Thursday night for our first night away:). We left Thursday about 2 o'clock and went to Lenox mall to walk around. We checked into the Marriott Grand Marquis Hotel about 5 o'clock and got ready for dinner. We went to Two Urban Licks and enjoyed a great dinner before going to the Fox to see Fiddler on the Roof. After a late show we went to Cafe Intermezzo for coffee and cheesecake and then headed to the hotel where we stayed in bed until 10am on Friday morning! We ate breakfast at a little place called the West Egg! We had a great time and really enjoyed eating at some new resteraunts and just being together.


Andrew asked what I have learned about him over the past five years that I didn't know going into marriage?!?! LOADED question! So I tried to list the first positive thing that came to my mind:) and that would be what a GREAT DADDY he is! He is so attentive and willing to do whatever. He longs to be with Riggs when he is gone and is always quick to keep him for me to go to the gym or grocery shopping or whatever! I asked the same question and got a little bit of a different answer (could have been taken positively or negatively). He said he didn't realize how protective I was going to be as a mother. He didn't say OVER protective, just protective in how I take care of Riggs:) and also how patient I am with him. Which I am surprised by in myself as well, as I usually am the impatient one of the two of us but I think my impatience just comes with actually waiting on things, not with my sweet sweet son. All that to say five years has flown by and I'm sure the next five will as well. I can't wait to see what our future holds and what the Lord has in store for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Y'all are adorable. I am sooo glad you guys got away for your anniversary. Sounds like a fun time! Hope you have many, many more anniversaries. :)