Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Potty Training

FYI- If you are not a mom you will not appreciate this post!





I am sure Riggs will hate me for this one day down the road but I want to be able to look back and remember all these times and milestones with them!  

We started potty training a week ago yesterday.  We started out quarantined in the kitchen with a potty, toys, books, the frog potty and a pants less two year old.  In the middle of playing play-doh he tee tee'd and looked down with a scared face and said "uh oh."  That's when I told him that we tee tee in the potty, and he did.  The rest of the day we left him in nothing but his shirt and if he would go a little he would run his cute little heine to the potty.  The first day was LONG and I didn't know if I would make it through it without getting out of the house.

The second day we did the same thing but were able to move out of the kitchen because he would run to the potty the minute he needed to go and only had one accident.  He also pooped in the potty this day! YIPEE:)  

To make this story shorter I wasn't sure how long it would take him to know what it felt like to have the urge to go and to be able to hold it, so I gave in and went and got pull-ups so we could get out of the house.

The third day we used our pull-ups and headed to the mall to play.  We went to the potty probably 4 or 5 times in an hour and half, but he stayed dry!  

I think the key it consistency in taking him often and asking him if he needs to go ALOT and watching him for ques that he needs to go.

He has done great and wears his pull-ups for naps and bedtime and has done well out in his big boy underwear.  He says, "don't tee tee on buzz (or mater or elmo..whatever underwear he picked for that day:)
He loves that he gets a treat (one m&m) when he goes and there have been times where he will go and then not 5 minutes later will sit down to go again and immediately stand up and say, "where my treat?"...silly boy!


No comments: