Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Siesta Scripture Memory

I have joined Beth Moore's Siesta scripture memory team which you can find and follow here: http://blog.lproof.org/.
I happened upon this when I saw a facebook post from a friend and I was encouraged by the accountability that it would bring me and the fact that it gave me two weeks to memorize a verse. You memorize a scripture of your choice every two weeks and post on her blog the 1st and the 15th of every month.  I started two weeks late but here is my first verse I have memorized for this year!
 
The Lord is my strength and my shield;
My heart trusts in him, and he helps me.
My heart leaps for joy, and I with my song I will praise him.
Psalm 28:7
 
I'm not sure where I first saw this to decide that it would be one of the 24 verses that I try to memorize this year, but it stood out to me.  First of all, because it's short, ok lets be honest, that is one reason!  But really because I am going through a tough time here lately with having a positive attitude with where the Lord has me right now.  I am extremely lonely, not loving my job and just plain feeling sorry for myself at times.  But, this reminds me that He is my strength through this time and that no matter where we are he is TRUSTWORTHY and deserving of my PRAISE!
 
If you decide this is something that you would be interested in doing it's ok to pick up late and start the first of February!

No comments: