Saturday, January 19, 2013

No Longer Baby "Sissy"

Baby girl finally has a name other than the loving "Sissy" that we have been calling her since we found out we were having a girl!

So, in May we will be welcoming...

Harpin Reese Anderson

It was alot more difficult to decide on a name this time around.  With Riggs, we knew whether he was a boy or girl that we were going to use Hayden (my maiden name) then, once we decided on a middle name we chose to call him Riggs since Hayden is becoming so much more common.

With baby girl we wanted something different and were leaning towards using family names again.  I am not against picking a name just because I like it, but there was nothing we really loved.

To make a long story short...

Harpin comes from my side of the family, it is one of my great aunts names as well as my great-grandfathers name.  Reese is a last name on Andrew's side of the family.  It is just a coincidence that she and Riggs will have the same initials (which I'm not really crazy about but I'm not going to change it because of that!).

So, there you have it.  We will have Riggs and Harpin...I love it!

No comments: