Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sweet Home Alabama

Andrew got a final offer for a Staff Psychologist position at Talladega Federal Prison last Friday and we found out that he will start on November 4th!  Obviously, that put us into overdrive and so I worked Monday and flew to Atlanta where my mother-in-law picked me up and we headed to Alabama for 2 days to find us a place to live!

To make a long story really short...God is GOOD!  We were really disappointed and I was starting to get really anxious after seeing 3 out of the 5 houses that I had researched for us to look at possibly renting online. 

Mrs. Susan and I went to Ruby Tuesdays for lunch and started talking to our waiter who told us some areas to possibly look.  There was a man sitting at a big table waiting on others to arrive and he walked up.  He apologized for eaves dropping and went on to tell us that he was a music minister at a church nearby and directed us to look in a neighborhood where alot of those young couples live.

After lunch, we headed out to try and find McIntosh Trails.  We never found that particular neighborhood but we drove through a nice neighborhood and happened upon this house that was for sale by owner.  We asked the neighbors that were outside if anyone lives in the house and they said no!  I called the number to randomly ask if they would want to rent it out.

It turns out that this couple is only a few years older than us and their youngest child is a week older than Harpin.  They just put in new hardwoods, carpet and painted to try and sell it but they would be willing to meet me!

Mrs. Susan and I met the husband on Thursday morning and he was so nice!  He said he would talk to his wife and get back to us.  An hour or so later as we walked through another horrible rental home, she called and said they would rent it out!

Most people could care less about all these details, so I write for my memory only and another reminder to me of God's faithfulness in providing for our family.  I would have liked a larger house with more room for guests, and I still look forward to a place to call our own again but boy is this a huge relief for us right now!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi I'm so glad you found my blog! Welcome to Alabama! :) I live in Shelby County which is about an hour & a half away from Oxford, but I'm actually very familiar with Oxford because I went to college in Jacksonville & worked in Oxford! You have an adorable family. I hope your move goes smoothly!