Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easter Weekend

I am really looking forward to this weekend! Andrew has his last final tomorrow and we are headed home (well Appling..I still call there home too) as soon as he is finished for the rest of the week and the weekend. It is so nice that we will have more than just 2 days to spend so that we can see everyone and do all that we want to! For me, that is to spend time with my family, Andrew's family, see my neice and nephews, hang out with old friends and meet their babies for the first time, get a pedicure and just relax. It is something totally different for Andrew...I know he CANNOT wait to go turkey hunting with his brother and fishing as much as he can! Don't get me wrong, he wants to spend time with friends and family too but he is just glad that it can include something that he loves so much and give him a much needed break from school. It will be a great week/weekend and I can't wait to share pictures and all that we did:)

In the midst of all the fun and busyness of fitting all this into a few days, I want to sit back and reflect and thank God for the sacrifice he made to give His one and only son that we may have life and have life abundantly because of his sacrifce and the suffering of Jesus! What a wonderful gift that I daily take for granted! I pray that my heart would be thankful and prayerful on a daily basis for this gift and not just on a "holiday" weekend in which we celebrate!

No comments: