Friday, May 1, 2015

Then there were FIVE (Evy Ruth's Birth Story)

Our sweet baby was born on April 27th at 1:43p.m. weighing 8 lbs. 13oz. and 21 inches long.  We were so surprised and excited that it was a GIRL!  Everyone kept guessing boy and it starts to settle after you hear it so many times.  We would have been thrilled either way, but we were surprised and excited to welcome Evelyn Ruth (Evy Ruth) Anderson. 

 My due date was April 28th and I was willing, as was my doctor, to let me go over my due date.  That was until I started having HORRIBLE carpal tunnel in my hands that was causing severe pain in my fingers.  The pain was worse when I tried to sleep at night and because of that I couldn't sleep more than about 30 minutes at a time without getting up.  All that to say, we decided to go with a scheduled induction on April 27th.  I was nervous as this would be my second VBAC, since I had a c-section with Riggs.

After going to a late dinner that night while my mom kept the kids we came home, rested, and headed to the hospital at 12 am. 

Here are the events after that...

*1:10am Pitocin was started.  They increased the Pitocin all night and at first I could feel mild contractions and then they seemed to slow down and get less intense. 
*9:40 am Dr. Jones came in and I was still 4cm and barely feeling contractions.  Dr. Jones broke my water and boy did that get things going. 
*10:50am contractions were much stronger and about 21/2 minutes apart and I was ready for the epidural.
*10:57 am Epi was placed and they check me (only 5cm)
*12:35pm started feeling contractions and pressure on one side so anesthesia came and redosed epi and Dr. Jones checked me and we were 8cm.
*1:34pm we were 10 cm and ready to push.  The first thing I heard was "look at all that dark hair!" and in 4 pushes we had a baby!  Next, I heard  "way over 8lbs."  And then finally, "IT'S A GIRL!"
This was my easiest delivery yet and I give all the glory to God!  I'm so thankful that I finally got my "dream birth."  I was unable to hold Riggs nor Harpin immediately after birth and this time my baby was placed right on my chest and stayed there with me for over an hour.  I am amazed every time at the miracle of life and so thankful for a healthy baby.



Waiting...

waiting....

and more waiting...


It's a GIRL!

Andrew got to cut the cord for the first time!

and I got to hold my baby right away for the first time.


Welcome sweet Evy Ruth

This man was amazing and helped me to have a perfect birth experience.

our biggest baby yet


This was a first too, my mom and my mother-in-law were there to welcome their newest grand daughter.

Beyond thankful for our parents and that Riggs, Harpin and Evy Ruth have the best Sue Sue, Granstan, Gigi and Papa!


Meeting their baby sister.

Harpin was a little unsure but definitely curious:)

After lots of snuggles, everyone watched Evy Ruth get her first bath.



The best we could get of our family of FIVE!

Daddys' little girl


Tradition:)

Gigi brought treats for Riggs and Harpin in the hospital and they were a hit




1 comment:

Katie said...

Yay for an easy 'dream' delivery! She had a ton of vernix!