Saturday, October 15, 2011

Slacker

I feel like I have been such a slacker lately in all areas...

I haven't been to the gym probably in over 2 months and I was going atleast 3-4 times a week. I do miss it but life has been busy and all at the same time I feel like I'm not doing much ! If all of that even makes sense. I am loving life with my little man, but with an unpredictable schedule, two naps, feedings, ect. we just do alot at home! Don't get me wrong, I love it and have really enjoyed relaxing, playing, reading, ect. but it's just plain DIFFERENT!

I have also been a slacker when it comes to house chores, cleaning, cooking, washing clothes, grocery shopping, ect. I am most definetly type A and a little OCD at times but I am slowly learning to let this go and to enjoy my baby boy! I love to clean and have everything fresh and cleaned all at once but that is not how it happens these days. One week I may clean the toilet the next week I scrub the floors...AKA it's NEVER all done at one time and I am becoming OK with that.

Another area and a much more important one that I am slacking in is my time with the Lord. I don't know how I can be committed and doing really well disciplining myself to read and spend time in prayer one week and then the next week starts off busy for whatever reason and I get totally off track for periods of time that are just too long! All I can do is pray for a deeper desire and a discipline to get back on the wagon!

One last area is my relationship with my husband. It's not so much that I am being a slacker it just has to do with what is now our new reality! We love love love spending every minute we can with our precious baby but it doesn't leave much for mommy and daddy time. We attempt dates but they always, as you would expect, revolve around precious baby boy, buying for a smile, feeding, ect. and leave little time for actual communication. We love our new role and mom and dad and have definetly learned alot about one another and love one another more for it but it has definetly changed our lives and we wouldn't want it any other way right now:)

So, all in all, life is good! Life is different but oh so abundant and oh so MUCH to be thankful for!

No comments: